Hope you are doing good. Today i am going to share my recipe experience on Mung and Lobia ( Black Eyes Peas) Curry. These two beans are packed with healthy nutrients, the high antioxidant available reduces the risk of “bad” cholesterol and chronic heart diseases. They are rich source of Potassium, Magnesium and Fiber which helps in maintaining a healthy blood pressure.
So, here are some simple steps to cook the Moong and Lobia Curry. Lets Dig in !!!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes Cooking Time : 20 Mins Calories : 215 Serving : 4-5
2 tablespoon cooking oil
Pinch of cumin seeds
2 finely chopped onions
2 finely chopped tomatoes
3 pods of chopped garlic
2 finely chopped Green Chillies
Salt to taste
1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder/ Kashmiri mirch powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon Garam Masala powder
1/2 tablespoon Sabzi Masala
1/2 tablespoon Dry Mango powder
Overnight soaked Moong and Lobia beans
- Make sure the Moong and Lobia beans are soaked overnight in water. Drain the water completely before cooking.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds to the oil , until it starts to splutter.
- Add the chopped garlic to it and fry for couple of minutes. Then add chopped onions to the same.
- Add little salt and turmeric powder to the mixture and fry the onions until it turns golden brown.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and fry the mixture until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Now add all the dry ingredients – Coriander powder/ Red chilli powder/Garam Masala powder/Sabzi powder and Dry mango powder.
- After few minutes you will see the oil getting released from the side of the mixture which indicates that the masalas are cooked.
- Add the Moong and Lobia beans to it, fry for 1 min.
- Add 2 cups of water ( Ensure the water level is maintained in such a way that the beans gets covered).
- Now close the lid and wait for 8-10 whistles on a high flame.
- Switch off the heat and let the steam evaporate completely from the cooker.
- The curry is ready.
Serve it with Hot Phulkas, White Rice and Lemon
If you like my recipe, please try it at home and let me know how it turns out.
Please do leave a comment or any suggestions.