How is your week going through ? I hope its all cheerful and happy. Today is the day of sharing the food recipe again and trust me this one is going to be very simple and friendly for all 🙂
Now, as my heading already names it, without much ado let me share the quick procedure of making Quinoa Pulao. Our generation is trending towards being health conscious and to maintain a hearty life. This can be attained by making a little alteration on the food choices and eating habits.
Quinoa is considered to be gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants. It is agreeable for weight loss and also well known alternative for ” Rice”. You can eat this recipe for Breakfast/lunch/dinner and can also be readily carried in lunch boxes. Of course this is one of my favorite lunch item ..:)
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 15 minutes, Calories : 290 calories per serving
- Raw Organic Qunioa -1 cup
- 1 small cup green peas
- 1 small cup cut carrots
- handful of peanuts
- 6-7 cods of baby corn
- 1 small cup cauliflower and brocolli
- 1 small cup soya chunks.
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- Corainder leaves
- Few drops of lemon
- Wash the Raw quinoa thoroughly. In 1 cup quinoa, add 2 cups of water and put it on medium flame to boil.
- Also, add soya chunka along with quinoa to boil the same. Add little salt to the water.
- While quinoa and Soya and getting boiled, heat oil in a pan and let it heat.
- Now, roast in the peanuts in oil for about 2-4 minutes.
- Now, add all the veggies along with peanuts- Green Peas/Carrots/Baby Corn/Cauliflower and Brocolli.
- Cook it on simmer/medium flame for about 7 minutes by covering the lid.
- Open the lid and add little salt, black pepper powder and coriander powder. Mix it well.
- After 5 minutes, open the lid again and examine the veggies. It should be cooked by now.
- Now, parallely check the quinoa and soya mixture. It should be boiled and quinoa should leave a white little tail from behind ( which indicates that its cooked).
- Now, add the boiled quinoa and soya to the veggie mixture.
- Check the salt content and add few drops of lemon.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Quinoa pulao is now ready to eat. This is to go recipe for everyone. Please do go through the same and if you like my dish, please follow my blog. Also, you can leave your comments for any suggestions..
Lets Dig In !!