Good Evening Friends,
So the season is changing, yes we can see the roads covered with crisp Maple and golden color and we can very clearly hear the knock on the door for the upcoming Winter. Now, as this weather changes, i am sure the food choices gets altered as well.
Anyone of you craving for a hearty buttery curry ? I will raise my hand that i am.Today I would be sharing one of my favorite dishes which I usually prepare whenever I try to avoid carbs and which gives me an immense pleasure in cooking. Yes, as subjected the dish is Palak Paneer ( Spinach Cottage Cheese Gravy).
Now, as the name suggests, this recipe is filled with healthy nutrients and Vitamins and of course gives an extra flavor when cooked with love. The dish has magnesium, folate, vitamin A, vitamin K, potassium and calcium. This is a great meal to have for both lunch and dinner whenever you are watching your weight. It lowers the blood sugar level, blood pressure and of course loaded with loads of protein.
So, here goes my simple recipe:
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 20 minutes, Calories : 280 calories
- Cooking Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped Onions – 1 large
- Chopped Tomatoes – 1 large
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – As per taste
- Black Pepper Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Spinach – Chopped – 1 big bowl
- Paneer Cubes – 500 gms
- Ginger – 1 slice chopped
- Green Chiilies – 2
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Cream – Optional
- In a pan, add water and spinach and bring it to boil. Once the spinach is completely boiled, wash it immediately with Ice cold water. This is done to ensure the dark green color of the vegetable is retained.
- Grind the spinach with little ginger and green chillies to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to it.
- Once the cumin seeds start to splutter, add chopped onions to it and add salt and turmeric powder to it.
- Once the onions turn golden brown, add tomatoes to it and add red chilli, black pepper and coriander powder to it. Cover the lid and cook for 10 minutes until the oil starts getting released from the sides.
- Now, once the mixture becomes mushy, add grinded spinach and cook/boil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Now, add the paneer cubes to the cooked spinach and boil for another 10 minutes. Paneer gets evenly coated with spinach.
- This step is optional but i simply love this step. Whisk heavy cream mixture to a thick paste and add it to the recipe at the end. If you dont have cream handy, heat little butter and 1 tablespoon milk and whisk it together and finally add it to the dish.
Adding Butter/cream to the dish, gives it an amazing flavor altogether. Please do try this at home and let me know how it turns out to be. Please also do like, share my content.
I am posting a picture below which was prepared by me recently .