Happy Diwali Everyone,
On this auspicious week of festival and lights, I wish everyone a very happy Diwali.
Hope everyone had a blasting and an amazing weekend. Talking about Diwali, its a festival which brings friends and families together; It is a festival of new beginnings, a triumph of good over evil and light over darkness.
Staying away from home is not much of a fun during this time. I now realize that festivals are not about the crackers, colors, rangoli, sweets or the tangible things. I don’t miss that, because it is very easy to replicate that stuff here. What I miss is my family. The experience of actually sharing these things with family, spending time, laughing on jokes and experiences that we have all lived through together , thats irreplaceable.
Now, making the mood a little lighter, let me share a 100% vegetarian dessert with my friends today. My aunt used to make this for me every diwali. I literally loved this cake and tried replicating it number of times, however, i could never exactly make the same recipe but yes, I very well know the ingredients and the proportion.
So, here it goes..Simple yet flavorful..
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 15 minutes , Calories : 150 calories per serving
- Parle – G or Tea cookies – 1 packet
- Chocolate Chip cookies – 1 packet
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence – pinch of it.
- Eno / Baking soda – 1 and half tablespoon
- Yogurt – 2 tablespoons.
- In a mixer Grinder, first grind the parle-g or the tea cookies and transfer it to a bowl.
- Now, in the same grinder, grind the choco-chip cookies and add it to the same bowl.
- Now mix the ingredients and add yogurt and milk to the mixture. Ensure the batter doesn’t gets too runny.
- Now, add little vanilla essence to the mixture. You may also add any other food colour or flavor of your choice as per your wish. I like my cake simple, hence did not add much to it.
- Now, mix it all well and add the baking soda or Eno powder to the mixture. Keep the batter aside for 5-7 mins.
- You will see that the batter becomes airy and fluffy.
- Now, put the mixture to the microwave oven and bake for only 5 mins. After 5 mins, if the cake looks a little undone, cook it for another 2 mins.
You are good to go. The cake can be topped up with any nuts of your choice and chocolates . Fortunately i do have a picture of the cake which i made at my home back in Diwali 2014.
Please do try this cake at home and let me know in the comments section on how it came out. Also, if you think my content is good, please like and follow me on WordPress.