Hello my dearest friends,
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year 2020. Hope your new year celebrations went good and I wish and pray that this year brings of happiness and contentment to your life.
Also, let me ask you Do you have a new year resolution for this year ? How are you planning to implement it ? Let me know in the comments section below. I have a little list of it, and let me tell you I am really pumped up for the same. I am not sure whether or not, all my resolutions would be implemented, but I know that I would invest my time on it, rest will leave it on the destiny ..haha..too serious right ??
So, lets begin this year with a Dessert recipe – A Vanilla Sponge Cake which I tried making during the new year party. The recipe is pretty basic and simple, but we might need to keep in might that the proper ratio of the ingredients and the cooking timings is the key to make a perfect Cake. A lot of times we do complain that the cake did not turn out soft or spongy, according to me I believe this happens because the proper ratio of the elements is not followed.
So, I would not like to much iterate on the health benefits today, as this is a Cake 🙂 and can be merrily eaten during your cheat days .
I learnt this recipe from YouTube and thought of sharing it with you all .
Preparation Time : 20 minutes, Cooking Time : 60 minutes, Calories : 240/serving
- All Purpose Flour – 250 gms
- Granulated Sugar – 250 gms
- Butter ( Salted) – 100 gms
- Milk – 75 ml ( 1/4 cup)
- Eggs – 4
- Vanilla Essence – 6 drops
- Baking Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Firstly pre-heat your Oven for 10-12 minutes on 180 degree C.
- Now, while the oven is getting heated, take baking tray and grease it with 1 tablespoon of butter/oil by spreading it evenly. We do not want the cake to stick to the bottom. Keep it aside.
- Crack open the eggs in a bowl and add 6 drops of vanilla essence to it and beat the eggs using an egg beater for 5 minutes or more. The consistency should be of a ribbon consistency. Keep it aside.
- Take another bowl and add 100 gms of butter and 250 gms of sugar and blend it together. As the butter melts, it will incorporate the sugar in it and takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, to this bowl add 250 gms of all purpose flour and 1 tablespoon of baking powder. Please seive it through to remove any impurities and mix it with butter and sugar mixture.
- Now, add the beaten eggs to this dry mixture. You can make it airy by rotating your spatula in cut and fold manner. Add milk (1/4 cup) little by little to receive a proper and viscous consistency of the batter. This takes about 5 mins.
- Now, transfer this batter to the baking tray mould. Shake and tap the tray to remove any air bubbles.
- Now, put it in the oven for 1 hr at 180 degree C.
- Allow it cool for sometime and flip the cake . The cake is ready to be served.
I did a little mistake that I did just 2 drops of vanilla essence, due to which my cake was tasting little eggy. Please make sure you follow the above quantity list. Please do try this at home and let me know how does it turns out .
Posting a picture of the cake. Did apply little icing on the top with strawberries and blueberries topped.