Thankyou for the good response on my Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe. I hope you all liked it, however, I am trying to add more contents to my blog, especially inclined towards the healthy side. So, stay tuned for it..:D
Talking about health, your food choices directly impacts/affects your health. By making smart food choices, you can help yourself from many health related problems and also helps in controlling weight. I know some people even say that healthy foods do not taste good, and it is completely justifiable that one should not compromise with the taste 🙂
So, to ease out this problem, today I am going to share a recipe with you which is low in calorie, is full of nutrition, super healthy and tasty and keeps you full for longer- Oats Khichdi. Oats are rich in antioxidants, they have the capability to reduce the blood sugar level and cholestrol level. Pulses, as well all know is too high in protein and fiber and can be eaten daily.
Khichdi, as the name suggests is – Oats mixed with pulses and vegetables.
So, here comes the easy recipe :
Preparation Time : 10 Minutes Cooking Time – 20 minutes, Calories : 160 /Bowl
- Rolled oats or Instant Oats – half cup
- Moong Daal Or Toor Daal or Mixed- half cup
- Oil – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tablespoon
- Onions – 1 finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 1 finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 to 3 pods, evenly chopped
- Carrots – 1 diced
- Green Peas – 1 small cup
- Spinach – handful and chopped
- Bell Pepper – 1 chopped
- Broccoli – 1 diced
- Salt – As per taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Garam Masala – 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- In a Pressure cooker, add oil and allow it to heat. Once heated add cumin seeds to it and let it splutter.
- Now, add the ginger and onion and add salt and turmeric. Fry it for 2 minutes.
- Now, add all the veggies listed above including tomatoes and fry for another 10 minutes. You can alter any vegetable of your choice. I also prefer adding soyabean to my khichdi.
- Now add all the dry spices like Red chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala and Black Pepper Powder. Fry this mixture for 5 more minutes.
- Now, wash the oats and pulses together in a bowl and add it to the pressure cooker. Make sure the vegetables are properly mixed to it.
- Now, add approx 2 cups of water to this and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Allow it for 5-6 whistles on a high flame. Take the cooker off the stove now.
- Allow the pressure to get released completely, before opening the lid.
- Now, open the lid and enjoy your Khichdi.
Isnt this simple ? Yes, it is ..:D This is one of my favorite dish which I love carrying in my lunch box and I simply enjoy eating it. I suggest you should try this recipe at home, and if you like it, please leave your comments down below.