Hope this week is treating you well .. I have a little sore throat this week and I am trying to keep myself warm and snug. Also, let me ask how are you new year resolutions coming along ? Are you following it diligently..let me know in the comment section below.
I am sure most of you liked my Kulfi recipe and must be thinking on improvising the healthier version of it, or any other dessert. So, today I will share a very simple and less elaborate dessert which can curb your craving for sweet and at the same time you can relax in terms of calorie and enjoy the dessert to the fullest.
So, this is basically a 3 ingredient cookie – Bananas/Oats/Dark Chocolate chip.
Bananas are rich in potassium and fiber, they are good for maintaining a good digestive balance and helps during asthma and heart diseases. Similarly, Oats are highly nutritious, they are rich in antioxidants and have a high content of powerful soluble fiber.
So, here comes the recipe !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 20 minutes, Calories : 60/cookie
- OatMeal – 1 cup instant oatmeal.
- Bananas – 4 ripened
- Dark chocolate chip – 100 gms
- In a bowl, mash the ripened bananas gently using a fork. Make sure its nice and mushy.
- Add the rolled instant oats to the bananas and mix it up properly. Make sure the batter is not so running because the consistency really matters. If you feel that the batter is not binding together, add it more oats.
- Now add the chocochip cookie to the batter and mix it further.
- From the cookie dough make small/medium sized cookies as per the shape of your choice.
- Take a baking tray, and grease it with butter.
- Place the cookies in the baking tray and place it in an oven. Bake it for 15 minutes at 180 degree Celsius. You will see that cookie has turned light brown in color.
- Allow it to cool for sometime and enjoy the soft oaty flavored cookies.
Trust me, this was so quick and easy to make and can be frozen in fridge ( in an air tight container) for about 2 weeks. If you want to cut down more calories from this recipe, use walnuts/pistachio/almonds or any other dry fruit of your choice.
Do try this at home and let me know how it turns out. Please also like the content of my blog and feel free to comment below 🙂