Hi My dearest friends,
First of all let me ask you, if you tried the my Kulfi recipe or my quick oats cookie recipe, do try and comment down below if haven’t done so.
Today, I am back on my blog quoting down a very easy recipe which can make you super delighted 🙂 So, this time I would take a break from my Indian genre and would explain on how to make the most famed Mexican delicacy – Burrito Bowl. Believe it or not, I simply love the burrito Bowl. The best part of this dish is that you can enjoy all the flavors of each item distinctly and you can also customize the bowl as per your wish.
A burrito bowl is a deconstructed burrito without the tortilla or chips. It is all of your favorite burrito filling ingredients – protein, cheese, corn, black beans, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, guacamole etc. served over a bowl of rice. You can also add roasted chicken/beef/or any other meat of your choice as a topping which brings additional taste to the dish.
Though this dish has multiple components involved, it is actually very easy and simple to prepare it. Some people consider this dish as “not so healthy” because of the high content of the calorie, but as I mentioned before it is totally upto you on how to customize this dish and make it as per your choice. I usually like adding in all the veggies as they contain lots of fiber and nutrients, and also like using Brown rice as the base as it is a good antioxidant. You can even replace the brown rice with other alternatives like cauliflower rice or quinoa.
So, here goes the recipe :
Preparation Time : 30 Minutes, Cooking Time : 45 mins, Calories : 500 calories/bowl
- Brown Rice – 300 Gms
- White Rice – 300 Gms
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Avacado – 4 Ripened
- Chopped tomatoes – 3 large
- Chopped Onions – 2 medium
- Cheese – Shredded Mozzarella and Parmesan
- Lemon – 1
- Coriander Leaves – finely chopped
- Milk – half cup
- All Purpose flour – 1 spoon
- Ani Star – 2
- Salt – As needed
- Black Pepper – 2 tablespoons
- Coriander Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Green Veggies – Chopped Carrots, corn, Green Peas, Cabbage, Green Beans.
- Black Kidney bean – 200 gms
- Butter – 50 gms
- Origano – 1/4 tablespoon
- Chicken Breasts – 50 gms
I will go step by step for each item involved in the dish
Step 1 : Cooking Brown and White Rice
- In 2 pressure cooker , add 1 tablespoon of Oil and 1 anistar each. Add white rice and brown rice on each cooker and add double the amount of water to Rice. White Rice gets cooked in 2-3 whistles whereas Brown Rice gets cooked in 8-9 whistles.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Your Rice is ready.
Step 2 : How to make veggies.
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and allow it to heat.
- Add in all the chopped veggies like cabbage ( violet or green), carrots, green peas, Green bean and corn.
- Add salt, black pepper and coriander powder and mix it evenly.
- Cook the veggies for about 10 minutes until they are completely cooked.
Veggies are ready.
Step 3 : How to make Black Bean
- In a pressure cooker add in the black bean along with water and little salt.
- Cook it for 4-5 whistles.
- Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to release.
- Open the lid of the cooker and add in little Garam Masala powder and cook it with open lid for about 5-7 minutes.
Black Bean is ready.
Step 4 : How to make Guacamole
- Peel off the skin of the avacado.
- Take a spoon and mash it properly. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water and make a buttery texture of the the avacado.
- Now add chopped tomato (half) to the guacamole and mix it.
- Now add little lemon juice, salt and black pepper powder.
- You can also add little ginger powder, but this step is optional.
Guacamole is ready.
Step 5 : How to make Salsa sauce
- Coat the tomatoes with little oil and add it to the boiling water with little salt.
- After 10-15 minutes, the tomatoes gets tender.
- Take it out of the water and peel of the skin of the tomatoes.
- Mash it properly and transfer it to a bowl.
- Add chopped onions to the bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper and lemon juice to the salsa sauce.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Salsa sauce is ready.
Step 6 : How to make cheese sauce
- In a pan add little butter and allow it to heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon all purpose flour and mix it well.
- Add milk to the mixture. Mix it well so that the flour gets cooked.
- Now add cheese and little more milk.
- Sprinkle little salt, black pepper and Origano.
Cheese sauce is ready.
Step 7 : How to make Roasted chicken.
- Marinate roasted chicken with little salt, coriander powder and Chicken Masala.
- Add little butter and roast it in an oven for about 15 minutes at 200 degree Celsius.
- Make sure you cut the chicken in small pieces/portion.
Chicken is now ready .
Serve the plate as per your liking. My plate was very simple ( see picture below).
Please do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turns out 🙂