How are you all doing ? I know I am writing after 2 weeks and frankly speaking my friends, I was so occupied with office work that I could not spare time to update my blog. Also, did not make much of any dessert in the past couple of days, but made this savory and all time favorite dish for all age groups – Paneer/ Cottage cheese curry.
I remember when I was Kid, I never really liked Paneer but as I grew up, started developing special love in my heart for it 😀 hahhaa..It is so easy to make and of course much flavorful. Today the recipe which I am going to share will have a mix of both Paneer as well as mushroom.
Paneer as we all know is highly rich in protein, it strengthen bones and teeth and maintains a good blood sugar level. All types of edible mushrooms contain varying degrees of protein and fibre. They also contain B vitamins as well as a powerful antioxidant called selenium, which helps to support the immune system and prevent damage to cells and tissues. Mushrooms are being increasingly researched and used for their important health benefits with different varieties having different medicinal properties.
So, lets start the cooking part!!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 20 minutes, Calories : 270/serving
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 small teaspoon
- Onions – 1 large chopped
- Garlic – 2 pods chopped
- Green chillies – 4- 5 finely chopped
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Tomatoes – 1 large chopped
- Paneer – 1 large cube cut into pieces.
- Mushroom – 200 gms finely chopped
- Salt – As per taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – To garnish
- In a pan, add oil and allow it to heat for sometime.
- Once the oil gets heated up, add in the cumin seeds until it starts to splutter.
- Add the garlic pods, green chillies and onions and fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the onions turn golden brown, add salt and turmeric powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now, add the tomatoes to this and close the lid of the pan.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, you will see that the tomatoes have gone mushy. At this point, add in all the spices – Red chilli Powder, Coriander powder and Garam Masala Powder.
- You can alter the level/quantity of spices as per your need.
- Now add the Mushroom and close the lid again. Cook it for 10 -12 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms gets soft and gets evenly coated to the spices, add in the paneer cubes.
- Add little water to this curry and boil it for 12- 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and garnish it with coriander leaves.
The dish is now ready to be served. Please do try this at home and let me know in the comment section below on how do you like it .