Hi My dearest friends,
Hope you are all doing good? How was your long weekend? Did you go anywhere and celebrated the family day ? Let me know in the comments section below.
I had a fairly decent weekend, did not do much of a travel and tried staying at home mingling with friends. Also, this weekend I did try one of the recipe which I was waiting to cook for a very long time and yes that is – Cheese Corn Balls.
Now, today I would be sharing the 2 versions of this recipe, One shallow fried and other Air fried. You may pick up any alternative of your choice. These are small balls made with potato, corn Kernels, grated cheese and coated with flour and bread crumbs. This recipe is loved by all age groups and can be used as a finger snack for any parties or get together.
You can make a healthier version of it, by air frying it or by baking it in an oven.
Now, here comes the recipe:
- Boiled potatoes – 4 to 5
- Corn Kernels – Boiled – half cup
- Bell Peppers – 1 large – finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – finely chopped
- Parmesan and Italian Cheese – 1 cup each, grated
- Salt – As per taste
- Black pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Oregano – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli Flakes – 1/2 tablespoon
- All Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
- Bread crumbs – With ~4 breads
- Oil – 6 to 7 tablespoons
- In a mixer grinder, grind the bread pieces so that they get crumbly.
- In a mixing bowl, add the boiled and mashed potatoes. Throw in the bell peppers, corn and coriander leaves to it.
- Now, add the grated parmesan and Italian cheese to this mixture and mix it evenly. You can use any cheese of your choice.
- Now, add Salt, Black pepper, Oregano and Red Chilli Flakes.
- Now add little flour to it to get a better binding.
- Now, rub little oil on your hand and make small balls out of the potato dough.
- In another mixing bowls, take 1 portion of dry all purpose flour, 1 portion of bread crumbs and 1 portion of wet all purpose flour. ( You can make the wet flour by adding little water to it, so that it comes to the dipping consistency).
- Now, grab one cheese balls, cover it with dry flour, then gently dip it in the wet flour and finally cover the entire balls with bread crumbs. Make sure the outer batter is thick and properly coated.
- Now, in a pan heat oil on a medium-high flame.
- Dip in the cheese corn balls to the oil and fry until both sides gets golden brown.
- If you want to avoid the above frying process, bake it in an air fryer at 400 degrees Celsius for 10 mins.
- Cheese balls are ready to be served. You can enjoy it with any sauce of your choice.
I tried both the methods and they turned out equally good. Please do try this simple recipe at your home and let me know in the comments section below if you like it.
Also, please like the content of my blog 🙂