How are you all doing today ? Hope you are keeping yourself safe from the pandemic attack spread across the globe. It is better to stay home and warm. Avoid travelling during this time and please do avoid going to the public places. Keep yourself clean and sanitized to ensure the germs and infection do not spread.
So, due to the prevailing conditions and circumstances, we have been asked to work for home for a while. While at home, I am trying my best to get involved in some activities or the other to make my time productive. I am also getting involved in cooking few new dishes which I did read and learn. So, today I would like to share the most simple and healthy form of a dessert recipe called – Banana Mug Cake.
Banana is loaded with fibre, both soluble and insoluble. The soluble fiber has the tendency to slow down digestion and keep you feeling full for a longer time. It also reduces the risk of any heart disease, high in potassium and a power house of nutrients.
So, without much ado, lets start the recipe :
- Banana – Half peeled and ripened
- Milk – 2 tablespoons
- Oil – 1/2 tablespoon
- Honey/Jaggery – 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda – 1/4 tablespoon
- Walnuts/Raisins – handful
- Salt – a pinch.
- Whole Wheat – 2 tablespoons
- In a coffee mug, add the half ripened bananas.
- Add other ingredients like – milk/Oil/Honey/Baking Soda/Nuts/Salt and whole wheat.
- Mix the ingredients well to make it a guey consistency.
- You can add little more milk if the batter gets too dry and thick.
- Now once the baking soda is added, microwave the cake in an oven for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- The cake is now ready to be eaten .
This cake is really moist and fluffy in nature. You can actually replace the whole wheat with any other healthy flour of your choice – like Oat meals/Almond Flour etc..
Please do try this at home and let me know how it turns out. Also, please do comment and like my recipes 🙂