Let me ask you this question again, how is your quarantine period going ? I would request everyone to stay inside and keep yourself safe and sanitized. Avoid going to any crowded places and keep your family secured. I just wish and pray that we should come out of this situation soon and hope our world revives back to the normal situation again.
Do let me know in the comments section below, of what unique recipes you are currently preparing at home or if you want me to try this something new. This weekend, I am going to try a dessert , so stay tuned 🙂
I always like to eat a good chicken curry on Friday, but today I thought I should utilize the vegetables first from the fridge, as it is stuffed and needs to be replenished. So, here comes the quick 15 mins recipe of one of the healthiest vegetable – Bottle Guard mixed with Split yellow peas ( Lauki with Chana Daal )
Bottle Guard is a super beneficial and healthy vegetables. It keeps the tummy cool, helps in weight loss and flushes out the dirt from your body. Excellent food to to be consumed during your weight loss journey.
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds – pinch of it
- Mustard seeds – pinch of it
- Onions – 2 finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 1 finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 -3 pods finely chopped
- Potatoes – 1 diced
- Bottle Guard – 1 diced
- Yellow split lentil/Bengal Gram – 1 cup soaked in water.
- Salt – As per taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and allow it to heat.
- Once the oil gets heated up, add cumin and mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add chopped garlic and onions and fry for 2 mins.
- Once the garlic and onions turns golden brown, add in the tomatoes and fry for another minute.
- Add salt and turmeric powder to this mixture and cook for 2 mins.
- Now, add in the potatoes. Add rest of the spices like coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Garam Masala Powder. Mix it well and cover the lid .
- You will see the oil getting released from the sides of the mixture.
- Add in the bottle guard and Yellow split lentil and cook for 2 mins.
- Add water to the cooker until the vegetables are covered.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and allow it to cook on a high flame for 4-5 whistles.
- Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to get released.
- Open the cooker and garnish it with coriander leaves.
Curry is now ready to be eaten 🙂 I like my curry very lightly spiced, so you can alter the spices accordingly and as per your taste.
You can enjoy this curry with Poori or with white rice. Both goes well with this dish.
Posting a picture below. Please do like the like and comment, if you like my recipe. Also, please follow me on wordpress .