Thankyou for trying out the Indian cookie recipe, hope you all liked it. If you haven’t tried till now, please do and let me know how does it turns out. This week I am extremely happy as I would be sharing a recipe which I have been waiting to bake/cook for a very long time and providentially it turned out extremely delectable and as per my expectation.
Yes, as the name suggests I did make the chocolate eggless cake. I did use yogurt and lemon for the rise and there was no egg added to this recipe. So, all my vegetarian friends can look upto this and must try it at home. This cake mainly consists of Cocoa Powder,flour, Yogurt,oil, baking powder/soda,lemon juice and very little instant coffee mix. I did also make the ganache this week, as chocolate after baking tends to get little try and covering it up with ganache gives it a shiny texture and also enhances the taste.
You can make a healthier version of this by adding very little sugar and use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour. I am targeting to make a healthy dessert and would share its recipe very soon in my upcoming blogs. Health Benefits of cocoa include decreased inflammation, improved heart and brain health, blood sugar and weight control and healthy teeth and skin.
So, without much ado, here comes the quick recipe.
Preparation Time : 12 minutes, Cooking Time : 30-40 minutes, Calories : 275/slice.
- 224 gms – All Purpose Flour
- 96 gms – Cocoa Powder.
- Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Powdered Sugar – 180 gms
- Coconut/Vegetable Oil – 112 gms
- Yogurt – 120 gms
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 120 Ml
- Water + instant coffee mix – 178 ml + 2 tsp strong coffee powder.
- Vanilla Extract – 2 teaspoon
- Semi sweet chocolate chip – 1 cup
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
Part 1 – Cake :
- We need to make sure that the exact measured quantity needs to be used. This allows the cake to come into a desired texture and consistency.
- Pre Heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Sieve out all the dry ingredients in one bowl – All purpose flour/cocoa powder/baking powder/baking soda/salt and mix it well.
- In another mixing bowl, add in the oil,powdered sugar,yogurt,lemon juice,milk, water and instant coffee mix and vanilla essence. Give it a nice stir so that the batter gets even.
- In the wet ingredients, start adding the dry ingredients part by part until a smooth texture batter is formed. You can add little milk if you see that the batter is too thick. It should form steep edges.
- Now, in a baking tray, put in the parchment paper and grease it with little oil.
- Pour in the batter in the baking tray and allow it to bake for 30-35 mins at 180 degree Celsius.
Part 2 : – Chocolate Ganache
- While the cake is getting baked, start making the ganache parallely.
- In a pan, boil in the water.
- on top of the pan, place a glass container ( almost of the same size ) and put in the chocolate chip.
- Pour little milk to the choco chip. Also, add butter to this.
- You will notice that the chocolate will start melting and forms a ganache.
- Transfer it into the freezer for about 15-20 mins. It will be used to coat the cake.
Part 3: – Assembling the cake.
- Once the cake is baked, allow it to cool for 25 mins.
- Take out the ganache from the freezer. With a butter knife, start spreading the ganache evenly on top of the cake. Make sure its properly coated all over.
- Cut the cake into desired pieces and enjoy 🙂
You will be amazed with the result. It was a niche restaurant quality spongy cake.
Please do try this at home and let me know how it turns out. Please also do comment down below and let me know if you have any suggestions on my blog.
For more such recipes, stay tuned and do not forget to like and subscribe me on wordpress.