Hello my dear Foodies,
First of all I would like to thank you all for sparing sometime and going through my blog and reading its content. I try to keep my blog updated with some new and fresh content every week. So, this week I have 2 new recipes, the ones which I did try for the very first time and I was blissed with the results.
So, as the subject already suggests, yes it was one of the most famous Italian dessert – Tiramisu 🙂 Tiramisu is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert. It is made of ladyfingers cookies dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar and mascarpone cheese, flavoured with little cocoa powder. The recipe has been adapted into many varieties of cakes and other desserts.
I Know these days are turning Vegetarian and follow more of a plant based diet, so I switched to an eggless Tiramisu. I Found this recipe too elementary and straight forward, but again there was no compromise with the taste. It turned out aboslutely divine.
There are couple of ingredients which are absolutely inevitable for this recipe and should not be skipped. Those are – Ladyfingers cookies, Mascarapone Cheese and Heavy Whipped Cream. I bought all of these from my local grocery store. You can look out for these at your nearest store or go for an online option.
So, without much ado lets start !!
- Heavy Whipped Cream – 35 % about 225 Ml.
- Mascarpone Cheese – 225 Gms
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Water Mixed with instant coffee – 2 tablespoons coffee
- Lady Finger Cookies – about 20 cookies
- Cocoa Powder – 2 teaspoons.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the heavy cream,sugar and vanilla essence and start whipping the cream until you get soft peaks. You can use a beater to make the same. This takes about 2-3 mins.
- Now, add in the mascarpone cheese to this mixture and start whipping it again. In about you will see that it has got into a whipped cream soft mixture with stiff peaks. Keep this mixture aside.
- Now, boil little water and add the instant coffee and little sugar to it. Do not overboil it. Once done, put this coffee mixture in the fridge and allow it to cool down.
- We will now start assembling the Tiramisu. Take wide mouthed tray. We are not going to bake anything, we will refrigerate this dessert.
- Now, quickly dip in the ladyfinger biscuit in the coffee mixture one by one and stack one layer of the same in the tray. The reason we used cold coffee because dipping in hot liquid will break the cookie.
- On top of this we need to stack up the layer of already prepared whipped cream+mascarpone. Spread it evenly and generously 🙂
- Repeat step 5 and 6 again. So, in total 4 layers have been stacked up.
- On top of this you can sieve little cocoa powder all over so that the Tiramisu is fully covered.
- Place it in the freezer for about 2-3 hours.
The Tiramisu is now ready to be binged 😀 Heavenly feeling, I must tell you..
Quick Tip – Take the tiramisu out of the freezer 20 minutes before eating it. You will get the just right consistency of the dessert at room temperature.
Please do try this at home and let me know how it turns out . Please also like the content of my blog and follow me on wordpresss for more such updates.