So, did you try the mutton curry at home. Please do try if you havent done till now. Nevertheless, Indian cooking is something makes your life colorful , there are more than 500 spices and divergent cuisines and each dish has its own peculiar style.
So, as the title already suggests, today I am going to share an Indo-chinese cuisine – Soyabean Chilli. Indo chinese is a distinct cuisine formed through the adaptation of chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to Indian taste that also includes Indian spices. It has been become really prominent for over a century now. The most famous types known are – Hakka and Schezwan style.
So, this cuisine can be used with any vegetable/meat of your choice – like Cauliflower, Cottage Cheese/Chicken/Mushroom and my favorite Soyabean. Soybeans are high in protein and a decent source of both carbs and fat. They are a rich source of various vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds, such as isoflavones. It is widely used as a vegan alternative as it is 100% plant based product.
So, without much ado, lets start the receipe!!
Preparation Time : 5 mins, Cooking Time : 25 minutes, Calories : 187/serving
- Soyabean Chunks – 300 gms soaked in water.
- Oil – 3-4 tablespoons
- Garlic – 3-4 pods finely chopped
- Green Chillies – 3 to 4
- Onions – 2 large diced
- Tomatoes -2 large diced
- Capsicum – 2 large diced
- Salt – As per taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Kashmiri Mirch Powder – 1 tablespoon
- All Purpose Flour – 1 tablespoon
- Curd – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder -2 tablespoons
- Soyasauce – 1 tablespoon
- Ketchup – As needed
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Soak Soyabean chunks for about 1 hr in warm water so that they get soft and tender.
- Once the Soyabean gets softer, squeeze out all the water from it and transfer the squeezed chunks in a mixing ball.
- Add Salt, Red chilli powder, All purpose flour and yogurt and mix it properly with the chunks. Basically, it needs to get marinated with the spices.
- In another pan, heat 2- 3 tablespoons of oil and allow it to heat.
- Once the oil is heated up, throw in the marinated Soyabean chunks and fry it evenly. It takes about 10-12 minutes to turn the same into golden brown.
- Keep the fried Soyabean aside.
- In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Once heated add the chopped Green Chiilies and garlic and fry it for a minute.
- Now, add the diced Onions, Tomatoes and Capsicum and fry it for another minute. Add Salt, Kashmiri Mirch Powder and Coriander Powder at this point.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. The veggies should get soften.
- Add the Soyasauce and mix it properly.
- Now, add the tomato ketchup and mix it evenly with the vegetables.
- Now, you can add the fried soyabean to this and amalgamate it together.
- Garnish it with Coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
Soyabean Chilli is now ready to be eaten.
- Make sure that you dice the vegetables and not finely chop it.
- Make sure your flame is slightly on the higher side while cooking the vegetables. Chinese cuisine requires high flame to retain the crunchiness and to give a nice smoky flavour to the dish.
Please do try this at home and let me know how it turns out. Please also follow me on wordpress to receive notifications for more such recipes.
You can also follow me on Instagram on – @spiceitup5 and @aanchal6867