Let me start by asking one question from you all ..Are you as well waiting for this year to get over ? Let me tell you my friends, I am desperately waiting for this year to pass by. It seems that 2020 is just testing the patience of the world but I know we are all strong enough to cope up with this.
So, I made myself happy this weekend by bringing out the best of me. Yes, the inbuilt Art which God has given to all of us – Cooking. I think cooking is a pure form of art which heals the inner self. So, as the title already suggests, I made the Domino’s style Garlic Bread. Also, I would like to specifically call out that this recipe originated and exclusively found only in Domino’s center of India. Oh, those garlicky breads are not the ordinary ones. They are filled with the correct proportion of butter,garlic,coriander, chilli flakes and mixed herbs. Those are served with chessy garlic dip/mayo sauce and can also be eaten with tomato ketchup. I personally believe that it doesn’t need any side dipping sauce as the bread itself is so flavorsome on its own.
As we all know that garlic is one of the most important ingredient used as an immunity booster. Apart from that, it has number of other health benefits like increasing the blood sugar level, digestion, weight control, cancer, heart protection and what not..It is a must to include garlic in our daily dietary routine.
So, without much ado, lets start!!
Preparation Time : 2 hrs; Cooking Time : 25-30 minutes, Calories : 348
For the dough :
- Warm Milk – 80 ml
- Yeast – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 1 tablespoon ( At room temperature)
- Garlic – 3 pods finely chopped
- Oregano – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
For the Bread :
- Salted Butter – 60 ml
- Garlic – 3 pods finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – finely chopped
- Oregano – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
- Chili Flakes – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
- Paremesan/Mozzarella – 1 cup
- Mixed herbs – 1 tablespoon
Dough Making :
- In a small bowl, add the 60 ml warm milk along with yeast and sugar and let the yeast activate. Once the yeast gets activated the milk gets frothy and bubbly. It takes about 5-7 minutes for this process.
- Add this yeast mixture in a mixing bowl. To this add the 3 chopped garlic pods, butter, salt and oregano.
- Now, throw in the all purpose flour and start preparing the soft dough. If the dough is too crumbly, add in little warm milk to make a soft portion. Make sure it is not too dry.
- Now, with little oil in the hand, rub it over the dough. Tuck it in and cover it with a damp cloth or a cellophane paper.
- Cover and leave it on a rest position for approx 2 hrs. This is to make sure that dough doubles in size and rises to form a very soft texture.
Tip : After 1 hr, if you feel that the dough is not rising, then heat the oven for about 5 mins at 180 degree Celsius and turn it off. Turn it off after heating it. In that oven transfer in the dough and make sure it is covered. Ensure that the oven is switched off. With the heat of the oven, the dough will rise and double in its size in 30 minutes. I used the same tip . Trust me, it really works.
Bread Making :
- Once the dough rises, flatten it up properly using your hand or a rolling pin. Make sure to apply some dry flour so that it doesn’t stick to the surface.
- In a mixing bowl, mix in the butter, 3 garlic pods and coriander leaves.
- Now, generously spread this mixture to the dough. Sprinkle the cheese to the half side of the dough. Also, sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano.
- Now, lift one end side of the dough and flip it over to cover the other side.
- Lock in the ends of this dough. Spread the butter,garlic and coriander mixture again to the top of the dough. Sprinkle little oregano, chiili flakes and mixed herbs on top.
- Transfer it to the greased baking tray.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven for about 25 minutes at 180 or 190 degree Celsius.
- Garlic bread is now ready to be eaten.
I would strongly urge everyone to do try this at home and let us know how it turns out. It tasted so flavorful. The entire bread got over in 10 minutes. Everyone loved it ..haha..
If you like the content of my blog, please do like and follow me on wordpress.