Hello My Dearest Fan Foodies,
So, how did the last weekend go ? Summers are advancing and some of you might have also taken a little drive through the hills and forest.. I know the constraint do exist, but we will be able to overcome through it very soon 🙂
You know what, I actually wait for the weekends for 2 reasons..first and foremost is – It gives me a brief break from the busy work schedule and conference calls and second ( which is also my favorite), I try out something new..a dessert/confectionery/savory :).
Summers accompanies Mangoes with it and what can a better start of weekend with a Mango Mousse Cake. A mousse is a soft prepared food that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light and airy texture. It can range from light and fluffy to creamy and thick, depending on preparation techniques. A mousse may be sweet or savory. A sweet mousse is generally made using beaten eggs and whipped creams.
So, the recipe I am going to share today is the most simplest and tastiest form I ever had. It doesn’t needs any Gelatin, agar-agar or eggs.All it need is Mangoes and Whipped Cream 🙂
Also, to add here, this recipe does not contains much virtual sugar because the mangoes are sweet enough to take ahead as a dessert.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 15 minutes, Freezing Time : 5 to 6 hrs, Calories : 300/serving
So, without much ado, lets get started !!
- Mangoes – 2 Ripe
- Whipped Cream – 35 % full fat, 475 ml
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Yellow Food Color – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 1 tablespoon at room temperature.
- Digestive biscuits – 5 to 6 finely crushed.
- White Chocolate – half ( This is optional)
- In a mixer grinder, crush the digestive biscuits evenly. Transfer it to bowl.
- Add the butter to the biscuit mixture and mix it properly.
- Now, take a 7 inch greased pan and transfer this mixture to the pan. Make sure to properly spread it out and press it using a spoon to make it even.
- Now, in another mixing bowl, add 400 ml whipped cream and start whisking it using an electric beater. You can also beat manually but that would take little time. Add one spoon sugar and whisk it again.
- Gradually, add mangoes to the whipping cream and beat it until soft peaks are formed. The whole whisking process takes about 5 -7 minutes.
- Add yellow food color to this and whisk for additional 20-30 seconds.
- Now, transfer this soft and airy whipping cream on top of the biscuit layer ( to the greased pan).
- Quickly, heat 75 ml of whipping cream and add white chocolate to it ( 5 – 6 cubes) . Heat and mix until a glazy texture is formed. Immediately, turn of the heat. Add pinch of yellow food color to the same.
- Transfer the chocolate glaze on top of the whipping cream. This step is optional.
- Now, transfer the greased pan to the freezer and freeze it for about 5 – 6 hrs.
- You can bring it room temperature just 15 minutes before consuming it.
And you are done 🙂 See its so easy. Trust me my friends, the flavour was so mango sweet just like an Ice cream with a creamy texture. Truly loved every bite of it and I am definitely going to try this again 🙂
Please do try making this at home and let me know how it turns out. Please do like and follow me on word press and Instagram @aanchal6867.