Hope you are all doing good and enjoying the summers. Hope you did like and try out the last posted recipe of Sambar, please do give it a try if you haven’t done so.
I am planning to make and post few recipes involving cool breezers/mocktails. However, for this week I am going to share a really quick and easy recipe of Chocolava cake. Trust me my friends, It was a super easy technique of making the cake and it turned out really delicious.
You do not even need an oven or any complex technique for making the same. It can be done using simple procedures and it is definitely going to take out the sweet cravings that gets aroused just after dinner..hahah :D. Although I do not have sweet tooth, but this ” not so sweet” cake has become one of my personal favorites during the lockdown period.
Talking about Chocolava cake, the first depiction which pops up my mind, as soon as I think about it is : “Dominos”. Back in India, while I was posted in Bangalore, me and my roommate often used to visit Dominos just for this cake. Let me confess, that I like this cake the most out of their entire menu..;)
The ingredients of this cake is really simple and readily available. It also needs dark chocolate ( which will be used as a lava). The most important thing to keep in mind while making this cake is the proportion and the right measurement. I also did mess up with the measurement once and the cake turned chewy and tasteless. So, make sure you are following the below measurements. However, the recipe is for 4 servings ( 4 small lava cakes).
You can change/alter the quantity as per the servings.
So, without much ado, lets start the recipe !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, cooking Time : 10 minutes, Calories :
Dry Ingredients :
- All purpose Flour – 1/2 cup or 64 gms
- Cocoa Powder – 2 heaped tablespoon
- Baking Soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – A pinch
- Dark Chocolate – 100 gms
Wet Ingredients :
- Chilled water – 110 ml
- Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
- Powdered Sugar – 50 gms
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
For Dusting Mould :
- Butter : 1 teaspoon
- Flour – 2 tablespoon
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the wet ingredients as per the stated quantity : chilled water + sugar + oil + lemon juice + vanilla essence.
- In another mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients as per the stated quantity : All purpose flour + cocoa powder + baking soda + salt.
- Now, mix the dry and the wet ingredients together. Do not overmix it. Gently turn across with a spatula and keep it aside.
- Now, grease small steel bowl ( preferred) with butter. Repeat the same for 4 bowls.
- Cut the dark chocolates into small pieces.
- Pour little cake batter to the bowl. Now, add the small chocolate piece and then pour the batter again on top of that.
- While you are making the bowls ready,parallely, heat water in a pan/steamer. Place the bowls in the steamer and steam it for 4-5 minutes, not more than that.
- After that remove the cake from that mould gently and serve warm.
- The dark chocolate melts and oozes out smoothly 🙂
Please do try this at home and let me know how it turns out. Also, please do like the content of my blog and follow me on wordpress and Instagram @aanchal6867.