How was your Simcoe long weekend ? Did you do something exciting ? Please share your experiences in the comment section below. I could not post anything on Monday as I got pretty occupied with office work and other non avoidable tasks.
This weekend I tried baking an egg less Marble cake which I was thinking of making for a very long time now, and let me tell me you my friends, I was actually amazed with the results. The best part I like about this cake that it is pretty easy to bake and doesn’t need any backbreaking.
I would not iterate the benefits of eating it because after all its a Cake and it just helps to take away the sweet craving of your tooth. The level of sugar and sweetness totally depends upon your choice and liking 🙂
So, without much lets start the recipe !!
Preparation Time : 15 minutes, Cooking Time : 35 minutes, Calories : 316/100 gms
- 224 gms – All Purpose Flour
- 96 gms – Cocoa Powder.
- Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Powdered Sugar – 180 gms
- Coconut/Vegetable Oil – 112 gms
- Yogurt – 120 gms
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 120 Ml
- Water + instant coffee mix – 170 ml + 1 tsp strong coffee powder.
- Vanilla Extract – 2 teaspoon
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- We need to make sure that the exact measured quantity needs to be used. This allows the cake to come into a desired texture and consistency.
- Pre Heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Sieve out these ingredients in one bowl – All purpose flour/baking powder/baking soda/salt and mix it well.
- In another mixing bowl, add in the oil,powdered sugar,yogurt,lemon juice,milk, and vanilla essence. Give it a nice stir so that the batter gets even.
- In the wet ingredients, start adding the dry ingredients part by part until a smooth texture batter is formed. You can add little milk if you see that the batter is too thick. It should form steep edges.
- Now, divide this batter equally among two parts. In the other part, add the cocoa powder , coffee powder and little water. Mix it well. Now, we have two batter – One Vanilla and another chocolate.
- Now, in a baking tray, put in the parchment paper and grease it with little oil.
- Now, this step is important – Pour little vanilla batter in the baking tray, On top of that, add the chocolate batter. Repeat the steps, until the vanilla and chocolate pattern is formed.
- allow it to bake for 30-35 mins at 180 degree Celsius.
Cake is now ready to be eaten 🙂 You can top it up with Chocolate ganache or vanilla ganache or you can even make any cream cheese icing on the top.
Please do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turns out to be.
Please also do like, comment and follow me on worpress and Instagram @aanchal6867