Good Evening everyone,
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Have you ever heard of these lines..These golden words are written by Robert Frost from the Road Not Taken. I do not know why I am quoting these lines today in my blog, but whenever I ponder through it, I realize how closely it is related to our lives.:)
Thoughts apart, today I am extremely excited to share this recipe with you as this turned out exceptionally delicious and the feedback received was actually worthwhile. This is really easy to make and a perfect dessert for all the sweet lovers. Once again, I would not emphasize much on the benefits of eating this cake because afterall its a dessert and its totally upto you and your cheat diet plan whether you want to consume it or not.
So, without much ado, lets start the recipe !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 35 minutes, Calories : 175 calories/50 gms.
For Cake :
- Oil : 43 gms
- Curd : 50 gms
- Powdered Sugar : 100 gms
- All Purpose Flour : 210 gms
- Baking Powder : 1 tablespoon
- Baking Soda : 1 tablespoon
- Milk : 118 ml
For Rabri :
- Milk : 1 litre
- Sugar : 4 tablespoons
- Elaichi/Cardamom Powder : 1 tablespoon
- Saffron strands : 8 -10
For the Cake :
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients one by one : Oil, sugar and curd. Whisk it properly so that the sugar gets properly mixed in the oil.
- Now, throw in all the dry ingredients – All purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda, milk and mix it properly. Mix the wet and the dry ingredients together and make a smooth batter out of it.
- Add more milk to this batter if you feel its too thick. It should be smooth enough so that soft peaks are formed.
- Transfer the batter to a baking tray ( greased with butter ) and bake it for 35 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Cake is now ready.
For the Rabri :
- Add 1 litre milk in a pan. The milk should be full fat. You can also use skimmed milk but it is very difficult to get the right consistency in a skimmed milk.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, and saffron strands and bring it to boil.
- Once the milk gets boiled and gets reduced by 40%, shut down the flame.
Cake Assembling :
- Now, using a fork, prick the cake properly all over.
- Pour the Rabri to the cake so that it gets properly incorporated inside and the cake becomes more softer and fluffier.
- Put the cake inside the fridge and leave it for 2-3 hrs.
- Enjoy it 🙂
So, after going through the recipe, you must have understood that the recipe is super easy to make and bake.If you do not have a oven at home, you can also steam it for 35 minutes and the results would be equally awesome. You can also alter the quantity of sugar based on your choice.
Please do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turns out in the comments section below. Please also like, share and follow me on wordpress and Instagram @aanchal6867