Today is Day 6 of the chaturthi festival and with Lord’s grace everything is going virtuous until now. I am actually loving cooking everyday for Bappa, it gives immense purity and faith to my soul.
Now, talking about Lord Ganesha, Hindu deities are seldom depicted without their particular ‘vahana’ (vehicles) on which they travel. These vahanas are either animals or birds and symbolises the various forces they ride. So, is in the case of Lord Ganesha. His “Vahana” is a “Mooshak” or a “Mouse”. The mouse represents ego. Lord Ganesha using the mouse represents the need to control ego and so it’s said that one who controls his ego has Ganesha consciousness.The wandering mouse also signifies the wavering human mind.
It is said that if one whispers their wishes in his ear, he transfers this message to lord gently and the desires are fulfilled. In every situation, mouse is always seen with the Lord. It is said that the Mouse of the Lord is just a vehicle, he is his friend that is why Lord Listens his messages that are conveyed by the devotees. The mouse is also offered with sweets specially Ladoo or Modak.
Now, coming to the offerings, I did aleady share the recipe of Modak in my last blogs. Today, I am going to share the recipe of Ladoo – Coconut Ladoo which I did prepare yesterday and it came out good 🙂 It was a quick and easy recipe I learnt , but you need to make sure that you have all the ingredients handy. This time, I made laddoos using the 3 step process, but later down the line, I would also share an elaborated process of making Laddoos.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes, Cooking Time : 15-17 minutes, Calories : 115/Laddoo.
- Desiccated/Shredded Coconut – 1.5 cups
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 180 gms
- Milk ( Half Cream) – 40 gms
- Raisins – 10-15
- Cardamom Powder – 2 tablespoons
- In a pan, add the ghee and heat it slightly.
- Once the ghee gets heated up, add the grated coconut and fry it lightly. We do not need to “brown” the same as it might turn bitter.
- Now, add the condensed milk and the half cream milk to the coconut. Give it a nice stir.
- Add the raisins and the cardamom powder at this stage and mix it well.
- Now, cook the mixture until the coconut fat starts getting released from the sides. You will also see the milk is thickening and getting mingled with the coconut.
- Now, once the mixture is cooked completely, keep it aside and cool it down.
- Once the mixture has been cooled, make small balls/circles out of it. You can easily make 15-17 ladoos if you use the above mentioned quantity.
- Now, roll the ladoo on the desiccated coconut powder and repeat the same for all the ladoos.
Ladoos are now ready to be served 🙂
Please do try this at home for you and your family. Yes, you will need to burn extra if you want to eat extra ..haha 😀
Please like, share and follow me on WordPress and Instagram @aanchal6867