Hello My dearest Friends,
Hope you all are doing good and keeping yourself fit and fine 🙂 Today with an extremely elated heart, I would like to Thank each one of you who supported me in this journey for this milestone. Yes, I have successfully completed an year of writing and posting my contents with you and I would be immensely honest that I enjoyed every bit of it. I know I am not an expert in this field but this was something which has sustained with me and kept my spirits very high.
This year I promise you that I would try and bring out some new content in my blog , work for the same is in progress, stay tuned..haha 😀
So, this milestone was celebrated with one of the most awaited dessert from my bucket list which is none other than – Macaron. For reading more about Macaron you are more than welcome to visit my previous post – Macaron description and review. Again, this recipe seems simple but there are scores of item that makes it a compound dessert. And yes, each one of them has to be diligently followed to make a perfect Macaron.
So, without further ado, lets start the recipe !!
Macaron Batter :
- Powdered Sugar – 100 gms
- Powdered Almonds – 50 gms
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 25 gms
- Egg Whites – 2 large
- Salt – A pinch.
- Granulated sugar – 50 gms
Chocolate Ganache Filling :
- Heavy Cream – 120 gms
- Dark Chocolate – 100 gms
- Unsalted Butter – 14 gms
Macaron Shell : –
- In a food blender, blend the dry ingredients – Sugar (100 gms), Almond Flour and Cocoa Powder. If you do not have a blender, you can skip this step. But, this step would ensure that there are no cracks in the Macaron shell.
- In a mixing bowl, add the egg whites and a pinch of salt. Using an electric beater beat it once. Now, start adding sugar (50 gms) in parts and beat the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed. If you notice that the peaks are still soft ( falling down), beat it further until stiff.
- Once the egg whites are beaten, add the dry ingredients ( blended above) in parts and mix it properly. I have read some where that this step is called as Macaronage. This is done to prevent hollow shells. Do not add any other liquid as this would result in a runny batter.
- Continue folding the mixture past full incorporation until you’ve achieved the perfect consistency. “Hot lava” is one phrase I often see used to describe that consistency, but I just like “ribbon consistency.
- Once the batter is ready, line the parchment paper in a baking tray.
- Pour the batter in a piping bag. Now, pipe out the batter over the baking tray one by one. Try making it of a consistent size, about 1 and half inches.
- Now, keep the piped out tray in a resting position for about 30-45 minutes, It should rest until you are able to run your finger back and forth over the shell. This is the most important step while you are baking Macaron.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Bake the Macaron shell for 10-15 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
Chocolate Ganache filling : –
- In a boiling pan, heat the heavy cream for about 5-6 minutes. Bring it to boil.
- Now, throw in the chocolate pieces into the heavy cream. Turn off the heat. The chocolate would melt in the heavy cream.
- Add in the butter in this mixture and give it a nice stir.
- Now, cool this chocolate ganache in the fridge before piping it out.
Assembling the Macaron:-
- Allow the Macaron shell and the ganache to cool down.
- Transfer the ganache into a piping bag and layer it between 2 macaron shells to make a sandwich.
- Repeat the steps for other Macarons as well.
- You would be able to make about 20 Macarons using the above measurement.
- For a better taste and feeling, preserve it for 24 hrs before consuming :). You can even eat it just after.
P.S : You can alter the quantity of sugar as per your liking. I found the Macarons were a little sweet, so next time, I would lower its quantity. But, then again its as per your wish.
Please do try this at home and let me know how it turns out to be. Thanks again for liking my content. Fore more such recipes, please follow me on WordPress and Instagram @aanchal6867.