As promised in my last post, I am back again with a healthy content this time. Yes, you got it right, you can enjoy this dessert guilt free and suppress your craving of having something sweet ..haha 🙂
I was planning to bake Banana bread for a long time, and now when I have bought a beautiful set of loaf tray then why should I stop myself ? I have started loving this bread few years back. I used to have it as a quick morning breakfast ( just before the meetings start in the office) along with tea/coffee and it is actually nutritious and satisfying.
Talking about the morning ritual, most of us like to start our day with a healthy meal and what would be a better option than this banana bread. Some food historians believe banana bread was a byproduct of the invention as resourceful housewives did not wish to throw away overripe bananas (as they were still a costly item to purchase), others believe the modern banana bread was developed in corporate kitchens to promote flour and baking soda products. It could also be a combination of both theories.
So, without much ado, lets start the recipe !!
- Loaf Tray
- Ripe Bananas – 2 large
- Whole Wheat Flour – 95 gms
- All Purpose Flour – 95 gms
- Baking Soda – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil/Coconut Oil – 5 tablespoons
- Sugar – 65 gms
- Eggs – 2 large beaten
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Zest – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoons.
- Walnuts – 7 to 8 chopped
- In a mixing bowl, mix in the whole wheat and the all purpose flour together.
- Add in the dry ingredients – baking soda and salt and give it a nice stir with the flour.
- In another mixing bowl, mash the riped bananas with a fork. Now, add the 2 lightly beaten eggs, vanilla extract, oil, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix it very well.
- Now, mix the dry and the wet ingredients together and fold it to form a smooth batter.
- You can add little milk if you see the batter is too thick. Mix in the chopped walnuts as well.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 5 mins and grease the loaf tray evenly with butter.
- Now, bake the batter at 175 degree Celsius for 55-60 mins. You can see the cracks on top of the banana bread once it is baked. This manifests that the bread is baked properly.
Banana bread is now ready to be served. Cut it into thin/thick slices of your choice and enjoy it as wholesome dessert for breakfast or evening snacks 🙂
If you like the content of my blog, please like and comment. Also, please follow me on WordPress and Instagram @aanchal6867