I know I am a little late this week posting my content but really got pre-occupied with some urgent work. So, today’s recipe is the simplest of all and all you need is few basic ingredients to start with. Yes, it is a protein rich salad which is extremely healthy, satisfying and fulfilling.
Protein is an important part of a healthy diet. Proteins are made up of chemical ‘building blocks’ called amino acids. Your body uses amino acids to build and repair muscles and bones and to make hormones and enzymes. They can also be used as an energy source. There are many sources of protein such as – Fish, Poultry products, beans, lentils, legumes, Soya, Paneer etc..
For this salad, you can use any protein of your choice – either vegetarian or non-vegetarian or even vegan. However, the one I am going to share below is my favorite and I can eat it almost everyday 😀
Preparation Time and Cooking Time : 15 minutes, Calories : Lets not consider this today 🙂
Ingredients : –
- Sprouted black chickpea – 1/2 cup
- Sprouted Mung Beans – 1/2 cup
- Carrot – 1 large diced
- Cucumber – 1 large diced
- Peanuts – 2 tablespoons
- Paneer cubes/ Tofu cubes – 40 gms
- Tomato – 1 large diced
- Flax seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice
- Black salt – As per taste
Directions : –
- Make sure we use the sprouted beans. The nutrient value of beans gets doubled once sprouted. It helps in weight loss and digestion and is an excellent source of fiber.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the sprouted mung beans and black chickpeas.
- Add the roasted peanuts, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes and paneer cubes.
- Toss it up with flax seeds, lemon juice and black salt.
- Give it a nice mix and enjoy the salad.
Isn’t this simple ? Do try this at home and enjoy it during lunch or dinner.
Fore more such recipes, please follow me on WordPress and Instagram @aanchal6867