Hope everyone’s keeping themselves cozy and warm. There was one thing which was consistent throughout this year and thats none other than “Work From Home”. Some believe that it has made us lazy and inactive, and others also got a chance to accentuate their hidden skills to keep oneself occupied. While the morning calls from home aren’t too pleasant, at the same time maintaining a healthy routine and lifestyle is also little burdensome.
I try and make sure that I do not overstuff myself with the unhealthy stuff especially during the day time. I rather have some handy recipes on hand which I prefer eating to keep myself energetic throughout the day. I did already share couple of the recipes in my previous posts, however this one that I am posting today has become one of my personal favorite and I am sure you are going to like it as well – Yes, its ” Rava Idli”.
Packed with nutrients, Suji/Rava/Semolina is highly recommended for those trying to lose weight. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) data, 100-gram of unenriched semolina contains only about 360 calories and zero cholesterol. It keeps you full for a longer time and prevents weight gain.
So, without much ado, lets start the quick recipe !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 15 minutes, Calories : 35/idli
- Suji/Rava – 1 cup
- Plain Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Salt – As per taste
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Urad Dal – 1 tablespoon
- Green Chillies – 2 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – finely chopped
- Eno / Baking Powder – 1/2 tablespoon
Directions : –
- In a mixing bowl, add the Rava, Yogurt and salt and give it a nice mix. At this time the batter would be too thick, so little water to maintain a right consistency. It should not be too runny or thin, rather should be of a pouring consistency.
- Now, keep this batter aside to rest for few minutes. While the batter is resting, keep the idli cooker ready by boiling water and greasing the base of the cooker using oil.
- In another pan, add little olive oil and allow it to heat. Once the oil gets heated up, add the Mustard seeds, Urad Dal and Green chillies and allow it to splutter.
- Now, add this mixture into the batter prepared in step-1 and give it a nice mix.
- At this point, add eno/baking powder and mix it again so that it rises a bit.
- Pour the batter into the idli cooker. Cook the idlis for 15 minutes until it is completely cooked and comes out clean.
Enjoy the idlis with Chutney/Sambar or you can even without any sides. Trust me, it would taste equally yummy 🙂
Please do try this at home and let me know how it turns out to be. Also, for more such recipes, please follow me on Instagram and WordPress @aanchal6867.