Wish you all a very welcoming and happy new year. May this year brings in a lot of happiness and positivity and may God fulfills all your wishes this year.
I know I could post anything last week, and I guess you might have guesses why ..:D Yes, the holiday season and a long break from work was indeed needed to start the year with a refreshing smile. As promised, this year I would try my hands on doing and integrating my blog with the videos. Please stay tuned 🙂
Talking about today’s blog post, I am going to start this year’s content with one of the healthiest,low-calorie and comforting lunch choice of mine – Spinach Soup. What would be more embracing than sipping a hot bowl of spinach soup in this chilly weather. I truly love it and I am going to share this recipe with you all.
So, without much ado, lets get started !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 25 minutes, Calories : 223/serving
Ingredients : –
- Spinach : – 200 gms
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Butter – 1/2 tablespoon
- Chopped Garlic pods – 2
- Chopped onions – 1 large
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Salt – As per taste
- Black pepper powder – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder – 1 tablespoon
- Gram Flour /Besan – 1 tablespoon
- Brown Bread – 1 -2 slices
Directions : –
Soup : –
- In a cooking pan, heat little oil.
- Add the bay leaf and the chopped garlic and allow it to cook for a min.
- Now, add the chopped onions and fry until they get translucent.
- Finely chop the spinach and add in the pan and give it a nice mix.
- Now, add just 1 tablespoon of Gram Flour/Besan to this mix and cook for 5-10 mins until the raw flavor goes away.
- Add, salt and black pepper powder and give it a nice stir. Also, add cumin powder and cook it along. Cook for 10 more mins.
- Now, add 1/2 cup water and turn of the heat of the gas.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixer grinder or a food blender and blend it.
- Now, once it gets smoothly blended, add 2 more cups of water to bring it to a soupy consistency.
- You can season it with more salt and pepper and adjust according to your taste.
- Soup is now ready 🙂
- Take a slice of brown bread and apply little butter or margarine to it.
- Slice the bread like croutons using a knife.
- Transfer the slices to an airfryer or an oven and cook it for 7-8 minutes and 360 degree Farenheit.
- Crispy croutons are now ready 🙂
You can even season your soup with low fat cream or full fat cream which enhances the flavor.
Please do try this at home and let me know how it turns out to be. Also, for more such recipes, please follow me on WordPress and Instagram @aanchal6867