Hope you all are having a great start to the new year. Let me ask you, do you have any new year resolution for this year? If yes, please comment down below and let me know how is it going along ? I do have few of them and I am trying my best to keep myself encouraged and amplified.
So, as the subject already suggests, I did try the Mexican Quesadillas at home and it turned out really good. The filling of the Quesadillas totally depends upon your choice, I did use some fresh chicken breasts and veggies, however you can go for the vegetarian version which is equally tempting and appetizing.
The quesadilla has its origins in colonial Mexico. The quesadilla as a dish has changed and evolved over many years as people experimented with different variations of it. Quesadillas are frequently sold at Mexican restaurants all over the world. I did try this recipe using the store-bought tortillas. However, you can make your own tortillas at home, and I would share its recipe very soon. Stay Tuned 🙂
So, without much ado, lets start the recipe !!
Preparation Time : 15 minutes, Cooking Time : 15 minutes, Calories : 214 Kcal
Ingredients : –
- Tortillas Bread – 4 to 5
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Garlic – 2 pods chopped
- Assorted and grated Cheese – 1 cup
- Onions – 2 chopped
- Grated Carrot – 1 large
- Grated Peas – 1/2 cup
- Bell peppers – 1 large finely chopped
- Tomato Sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – As per taste
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Mexican Dressing Sauce/ Salad dressing sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Chicken breasts – 100 gms
Directions : –
- In a pan, add oil and allow it to get heated up. Once heated, add the garlic and fry for a min.
- Now, add the grated onions, carrots, peas, bell peppers and cook for another 5 mins. Make sure not to overcook the mixture. It should be soft enough to be used as a filling.
- Now, add salt, black pepper powder, tomato sauce and dressing sauce. The dressing sauce is optional over here. If you do not have it, just skip it 🙂
- In another pan, add little oil. Once heated up, add the chicken breasts. Add salt and pepper powder.
- Cook the breasts until both sides gets evenly brown and cooked. This would take approx 10 mins. The mixture is now ready.
- Grease a nonstick pan with butter. Place the tortillas in the pan and cook for 1 min. Flip the tortilla.
- Add the veggie mixture and chicken breasts on one side/half of the tortillas. Top it up with grated cheese. Now, fold and cover it with the other half of the tortilla ( like a half moon).
- Make sure the ends are the evenly toasted. You will notice that the cheese has melted inside.
The tortillas are now ready to be served. I really loved the crunch of the veggies and the delicious cheese pull. You can make the filling with any vegetable of your choice and enjoy at home.
Please do try it out and let me know how it turns out to be. Also, for much such content please like, share and follow me on Instagram and WordPress @aanchal6867