I am back again on my blog presenting a new dessert or I should say one of the most loved dessert of all time – Cake. But, this time it is with a little twist. Yes, its sugarless and made with Whole Wheat Flour.
I was a little skeptical on using whole wheat flour and later also decided to add half proportion of all purpose flour, however, I did change my mind and thought of giving it a try by using complete whole wheat flour. Trust me my friends, I wasn’t disappointed with the results as the cake turned out to be delicious.
I did not use eggs in my cake, rather used sweetened condensed milk as an alternative. You can also use Yogurt mixed with little vinegar/lemon juice. You can refer to my previous posts and check out the cakes baked using yogurt : – Marble Cake.
So, without much ado, lets start : –
Preparation Time : 10 minutes, Cooking Time : 45 minutes, Calories : 320/serving
Ingredients : –
- Whole Wheat Flour – 120 gms
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 125 Ml
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter – 80 gms
- Water – 1/2 cup
Directions : –
- Grease a baking tray (6*6 inches) with little butter and parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients – Whole wheat Flour and baking powder.
- Now, start adding the wet ingredients – Condensed Milk, Vanilla essence and mix it roughly.
- In another pan, add half cup of water and 80 gms of butter and boil it on a medium flame (until 1 boil). Turn off the heat.
- Add this butter mixture to the cake batter and give it a nice mix. You can add little more water if you feel the batter is too thick.
- Transfer the cake batter to the greased baking tray.
- Bake it at 180 degree Celsius for 40-45 mins.
Cake is now ready to be eaten. This quantity is enough to serve 3-4 people. However, if you are making it for a larger group, please change the quantity as per the requirement.
If you like the content of my blog , please do like, share and comment. Also, please follow me on Instagram @aanchal6867