A very happy and a cheerful Monday to each one of you out there. I just hope everyone’s keeping themselves safe and shielded . With lots of positive news and glad tidings transiting the way, lets keep our fingers crossed and pray that this year brings in lots of receptivity 🙂
I am extremely excited while writing this blog, as this recipe is my personal favorite. You can indulge it whole heartedly because of its immense low calorific value. But, let me tell you my friends, I haven’t turned into a keto person, infact this recipe is named as “Keto Bhaji” because there’s negligible carbs in it.
So, without much ado, lets get started!!
- Oil – 20 ml
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic pods – 2 to 3 finely chopped
- Green chillies – 2 to 3 finely chopped
- Onions – 2 large finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 large finely chopped
- Bell Peppers – 100 gms finely chopped
- Cauliflower – 1 large
- Carrots – 100 gms
- Green Peas – 75 gms
- Green Beans – 75 gms
- Salt – As per taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Pav Bhaji Masala Powder – 1 and 1/2 tablespoons
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – To garnish
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Directions : –
- In a pressure cooker, add the chopped cauliflower, carrots, green peas and beans. Add little salt to it and allow it to pressure cook for 3 – 4 whistles at medium-high flame.
- While the vegetables are boiling in the cooker, in another cooking pan, add little oil and allow it to heat for sometime.
- Now, add in the onions, garlic and green chillies and fry for 4 to 5 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Now, add in the tomatoes and bell peppers and fry for another 10 minutes.
- Add in the salt and turmeric to this mixture. Close the lid of the pan and cook until the mixture gets soft and mushy.
- Once the veggies are boiled, throw out all the water from it and add the veggies to the onions and tomatoes mixture.
- Add other spices like Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Garam Masala powder. Close the lid and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Make sure the green boiled veggies are evenly mixed with the onions, tomatoes and spices. You can also use the potato masher to mash the veggies in the same pan. The more mashed the veggies are, the more flavorful it is.
- Add more salt at this time if needed.
- Add in the Pav bhaji masala now and mix it along. Add little water to the bhaji and cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Bhaji is now ready to be served.
Toast the pav ( Wheat Breads) in butter and enjoy it thoroughly with bhaji !!!! You can even enjoy it with Roti or paranthas.
Please try making it at home and let me know how it turns out.Also, for more such receipes, please follow me on WordPress and Instagram @aanchal6867