Welcome back to my blog. Hope you all had a rocking time in March and I wish that upcoming year brings lot of happiness and positivity for everyone out there. I would like to sincerely apologize for not posting anything in March..Let me tell you my friends, that I was not keeping well. I know it took a little while for me to heal back but now I am back again posting new content and video.
This one recipe was in my bucket list for very long, finally got a chance to bake it and the outcome was quite satisfactory. Yes, as the title suggests – Tutti Fruity cake. You know what, this cake takes me back to my childhood days, when we used to eat the “Britania Marie Cake”. That was indeed one of my favorite school snack and I used to munch on it every now and then.
So, without much ado, lets start the recipe !!
Ingredients : –
- All Purpose Flour – 200 gms
- Baking Soda – 1 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 100 gms
- Yogurt – 120 gms
- Sugar – 90 gms
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Tutti Frutti – 3 tbsps or as much as you want!
- Milk – Approx 120 ml
Directions : –
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 6 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients – All purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda. Give it a nice mix.
- In another bowl, add in the wet ingredients – Yogurt, melted butter, sugar, vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix it well until the sugar dissolves completely in yogurt.
- Now, transfer the contents of the wet ingredients and add it to the dry ingredient. Mix the batter using spatula.
- At this point, you will see that batter is too thick, add little milk ( Approx 120 ml) for a perfect consistency.
- Coat the Tutti-fruity chunks with1 tbsp of all purpose flour and mix it with the batter.
- Transfer this batter to a baking tray and bake it for 50-55 mins at 180 degree Celsius.
The cake is now ready to be eaten. You can also add 2 eggs in place of Yogurt and vinegar if you want to bake it using eggs. But, there is not much of flavor difference between the two.
I am also linking the YouTube video, so that you can refer to it directly : –
Please do not forget to like, share, subscribe and follow and do follow me on Instagram @aanchal6867